Thursday, June 08, 2006

Urban Warfare

This is what I get for letting Ridureyu show me stuff from his sidescrolling fighting game just before going to sleep. I was part of a small (maybe 20-30 soldiers) military group trapped in an area overrun by the enemy and waiting to be extracted. The area was in a residential neighborhood in an American town. We were holed up inside a small house, and the enemy had us surrounded. We could see them out there, and were just waiting to be attacked. There were certain ones that we knew to be suicide bombers, and they could set off the bombs with mental commands. For these, instead of normal weapons, we were equipped with poison dart blowguns. The poison was powerful enough to shut down mental capacity instantly so they couldn't make the bomb go off.

One of these bombers was Nina Meiers from 24. When the action started, I saw a guy outside hit her with the poison dart, but it didn't do anything. She shot him, ran inside, got close to a bunch of our soldiers, and blew them (and herself) up. Shortly after this, reports from other soldiers on our side indicated that all the female suicide bombers were immune to the poison. This was bad news for me, because right when this report came in (we got it via some sort of telepathy) I was aiming my blow gun at another female bomber right then. The dart had no effect of course, and then she shot me. I reached up a hand to block the bullet, while thinking how stupid this was, but the bullet actually only hit my hand. It hit the ball joint at the base of my right pointer finger. It hurt really bad and I fell down, but I was still thinking that I would have expected getting shot to hurt more than that. The bomber, standing over me, said, "It's lucky for you, really. You'll just get put on the wounded list and dragged off the battlefield." Then she walked off.

Next thing I knew, someone from our side was standing over me, and telling me that I could go to the field hospital if I wanted, but pointing out that a shot to the hand wasn't really fatal, and I could still shoot with my left hand. He also pointed out that a guy named Jason who I know from college had been shot the day before and had kept fighting. Right about here I woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeremi ~~~ I THINK THIS IS VERY
INTERESTING. I ESPECIALLY THOUGHT YOUR
KNUCKLE ACTING AS A SHIELD WAS RATHER
A CLEVER IDEA.
JONATHAN WENT THROUGH THE HAND REPARE
[FROM HIS ACCIDENT] PRETTY WELL. THEY
HAD TO BE THERE AT 6:30 A.M. TODAY.
JIM ANNEST WAS HIS ANESTHESIOLOGIS.
HE OF COURSE, REMEMBERED JON. THIS WAS AT THE SURGERY CENTER ON FALLS AVE, AND
WASHINGTON ST. THAT THEY WERE AT.
HOW ARE YOU FAREING? THINK OF YOU OFTEN AND WONDER WHATS UP?
WRITE..LUV YA.. G_MA

Qalmlea said...

Ich könnte ein deutschen Analyse wieder schreiben, aber ich werde nicht. ;^)

(Incidentally, 'werden' has at least two meanings, only one of which applies. Guess which one Babel-fish will give you?)